Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25-30 minutes
1 cup Raon Medium Spicy Kimchi, packed
2 oz pork shoulder, cut into ½-inch pieces
¼ cup yellow onion cut into julienne sizes
1-1.5 cups chicken broth or vegetable vegetables; water is also fine
2-3 tsp Gochugaru
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp kimchi juice
1 tsp Soy sauce
3 oz medium-firm tofu, sliced ½ inch thickness
1 green onion, cut into 1-inch
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of Enoki mushroom, cleaned, for garnish if desired.
- Place a heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the kimchi, pork, red pepper flakes, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until the kimchi is softened and the pork cooks through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the water or broth, and then bring it to a boil.
- Add Kimchi juice and the soy sauce and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover the lid.
- Simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the tofu and green onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.